With the global proliferation of IoT sensors and devices spanning across different standards, there is a growing need to deliver a truly device and network-agnostic IoT Platform to facilitate and propagate the growth of an open smart city ecosystem.
Need for Global Standardisation
The use of open standards and protocols to overcome the ‘language barrier’ between different devices, networks and the central management system becomes a crucial foundation for ensuring seamless interoperability and connectivity. To bridge the disparate standards used by various vendors, an open and future-proof IoT Platform is essential to ensure smooth integration and fast roll-out of smart city applications.
TALQ 2 Certification – Global Standard for Smart City Applications
The AGIL IoT Platform has recently received the TALQ 2 certification, a globally recognised standard for smart city applications. This certification enables the AGIL IoT Platform’s Central Management Software to configure, control, command and monitor multiple Outdoor Device Networks from different vendors.
With the adoption of an open standard approach, organisations and municipalities are better empowered to manage a diverse range of devices and smart city applications on a single IoT Platform. Key features of the AGIL IoT Platform include:
- Connect and manage different sensors and devices
- Manage different communication protocols
- Collect, visualise, and analyse data from multiple sources
- Integrate with external web portals, systems and applications
Benefits of An Open Standard IoT Platform
Adopting an open-standard smart city platform has many advantages:
- Dynamic changes of a growing city can be better managed as the AGIL IoT Platform is capable of providing greater flexibility and agility to scale and connect to additional devices and sensors from multiple vendors.
- The hassle of managing complex integration and incompatibility issues with external systems and applications is minimised. More resources can be shared and managed on the AGIL IoT Platform, resulting in a reduction of costly investment on the setup of the infrastructure.
- Having a “common language” enables the AGIL IoT Platform to leverage a wider range of IoT technologies, data analytics and advanced network solutions to optimise operational efficiency for cities and provide valuable cross-domain insights for urban planning and city management.
For cities to truly benefit and thrive from smart cities solutions, besides incorporating innovative technologies to build successful use cases and applications, ST Engineering ensures our IoT solutions continue to adopt international standards, to transform cities into more connected, resilient and sustainable living space for citizens and communities worldwide.
Architecture of AGIL IoT Platform